I provide manuscript critiques for memoirs, creative nonfiction, and certain other nonfiction projects; see fiction service page for description. I will supply ghostwriting for certain full-length nonfiction projects. Contact me for details.
- What is this? If you have a story or message to share but aren’t sure how to turn it into a book, I will coach you through focusing, organizing, and pacing your content. Unless specified ahead of time, I will not ghostwrite the story for you; I will work with you as you learn to write it yourself. Coaching is also available for improving your writing style and voice.
- What will it cost? Individually-tailored coaching begins at $40/hr.
- What is this? If your manuscript has been revised on a larger scale and is ready to be polished, I provide two levels of copyediting depending on your needs. I offer basic copyediting, focusing strictly on grammar, punctuation, word usage, and other technicalities. For manuscripts that need a little more tuning up, I give a more thorough line edit, fixing minor issues with dialogue, flow, and style while preserving your voice and intent.
- What will it cost? $0.02-$0.04/word ($200-$400/10k words)
- If I have critiqued your manuscript, you may be eligible for a 12.5% discount on copyediting services for that same manuscript.
- What is this? If your manuscript has been revised, copyedited, and prepared for printing or self-publishing, I provide proofreading to make sure that there are no remaining typos or formatting inconsistencies. Self-publishing authors should always have both a copyeditor and a proofreader. Traditional publishers often supply an in-house proofreader.
- What will it cost? $0.01/word ($100/10k words)